Friday 8 July 2016

The musings of Doctor Marcus Burkenhare.

"So I'll give you your 'free speech society'. Anyone can say anything without fear of repercussion. Before you've finished patting yourself on the back for being so progressive, I've started rumours that you're nothing more than a lying, cheating dirtbag unfit to hold office in a sweet shop, let alone government, while at the same time insisting that I am the one to be trusted on all counts at all times.
With that established, I proceed to further demolish any reputation you may ever have had, turned society itself not only against you but against all you ever believed in, forging the people into a massive blunt tool with which I shall depose you and install myself as ultimate leader in perpetuum.
And when that is done, I turn the tables on the very people who put me there, reversing any good works you may have done and putting the entirety of human civilisation under my thrall as little more than my personal plaything. By splitting society into ever-smaller cliques I ensure that everyone is in-fighting against one another and no genuine resistance shall ever be found to my tyranny.
Billions suffer and it's all your fault - why? Because you insisted I could have total freedom of speech.
Pah, freedom is over-rated. Give me a benevolent dictatorship anyday."

No comments:

Post a Comment